I have often said that Chris’ quilt was truly a labor of love, because it took so long to sew. I enjoyed paper piecing the blocks, but it was time-consuming and I had to focus very carefully on what needed to be done.
Here are some of the triangles I pieced together. I had never done paper piecing before, so I really didn’t know what I was getting into, but I enjoyed it.
You can see that each one has 10 strips of fabric in it, and must connect to the next triangle, like this, to form a hexagon:
Then each hexagon had to connect with all the ones next to it. I kept following the color map that I had made before I began.
As the hexagons were completed I started putting them up on my design wall and they looked great.
Usually I only had part of the blocks on the wall at a time, but at one point I put a lot up. Notice that each one had a number tag on it to keep them organized. You should be able to click on the photo below for a closer look.
In my next post I will show the finished quilt!